Welcome to the 2017 AGIAC. Our focus this year is Risk Resilience: Navigating Today’s Emerging Risks.
Registration is now open.
Risk: A probability or threat of damage, injury, liability, loss, or any other negative occurrence caused by external or internal vulnerabilities, and that may be avoided through preemptive action.
Resilience: An ability to anticipate, prepare for, respond and adapt to incremental change and sudden disruptions in order to survive and prosper.
Changes in the benefits area are coming at us from all angles: new taxes; benefit standards; fraud; the definition of employee; increased absence issues and LTD claims; pooling issues; record drug costs; a rise in litigation; and increased client expectations. With these changes comes risk, the ever present factor in group insurance that makes your job as a trusted advisor a challenge.
This year’s AGIAC theme focuses on how to respond to risk through building resilience. You’ll learn how to:
- Discuss several current risk areas.
- Offer thoughtful insights into identifying key threats to your client.
- Guide clients on how to assess areas of concern, including poor administration.
- Adapt, improvise and develop integrated, preemptive action strategies.
- Mitigate the impact of risk on you and your clients – and help you reduce liability.
Join your fellow group advisors and earn CE credits during four intense hours of presentations, facilitated discussion, interactive learning and networking.
You’ll be glad you did.
About the AGIAC
Established in 2010, the AGIAC is an unbiased, CE-accredited, educational and networking forum for group insurance advisors and third party administrators. This annual event provides relevant and timely industry-specific learning and an opportunity for meaningful discussion.
If you haven’t attended in the past, here’s what attendees said about AGIAC 2016:
- The shorter session was great. It is a very busy time of year so it was great to have other meeting slots available that day with clients, etc.
- Just keep doing it the way you did this year, it was just the right length of time
- Your seminars are among the best I attend. Please keep up the great work.
- Always very well done – maintain the same quality of speakers if possible.
- This was my first & I was happy to be there!
Choose a session below to register. For full table purchases (up to 6 people), sponsorship inquiries, or other questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: November 14, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Location: Delta Hotels by Marriott – Burnaby Conference Centre
4331 Dominion Street, Burnaby, BC V5G 1C7 – (get directions)
REGISTER for this session