Join the Arete Network
For more than a decade we’ve been focused on delivering the highest quality, comprehensive and flexible assistance programs to businesses and people across Canada—in both our official languages. We’re proud to say that our programs and service delivery are constantly tried and tested—and continue to lead the way.
The Arete Network is a natural reflection of our commitment to people, and our belief in the value and impact of counselling. We work hard to ensure our clients are connected to high-quality, effective and empathetic professionals who are the best fit for their unique needs—every, single, time.
Why Join Arete’s Network?
Being a part of the Arete Network feels different than it does with other providers. Our people-first approach ensures that everything we do, we do with warmth, compassion and the inherent knowledge that everyone and every situation is incredibly unique.
Among other perks, here are just a few of the benefits you’d enjoy as a professional in the Arete Network:
Arete Network Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- An unparalleled matching process in the industry
- Accepting clients at your discretion
- Working with high-quality clinical coordinators
- Being a part of a process designed to empower clients
- A simple, confidential reporting tool
- High-impact consults
- Connecting with a highly responsive billing department
- The ability to continue seeing clients privately
- Learning about your impact via independent research findings
- Regular communication with Arete
- Access to professional resources (e.g., podcasts, articles, etc.)
“I consistently enjoy working with Arete clients and find your program so humane—it’s the best in the business!”
Here’s a bit about how we work and our expectations:
Our counselling programs are designed to be goal oriented and outcome based, so rather than focusing on the number of hours a client has in their plan, we focus on outcomes and therapeutic benefit to ensure a client feels like their best self as soon as possible.
Clients are sent to you on an as-needed basis and, if you can take a client on, we would expect you to offer an appointment within a week of them initially contacting you.
Because we collect reporting information online, professionals in the Arete Network must have an intermediate level of knowledge with computers.
Each client is required to demonstrate their understanding of accessing support within the scope of our program. At your first session together, clients must review with you and sign the Arete consent form.
We require professionals to complete a Session Report for every counselling session, a Treatment Plan for every client and a Treatment Conclusion to close the file. This reporting is completed on our confidential, online reporting tool, e-Tera, that’s simple to navigate and use. Should you be selected to become part of the Network, at the time that you receive your first referral we will send you the log-in information for e-Tera and a link to a handy User Guide.
What We Need from You
We look for counselling professionals who are a good fit with the Arete ‘people-first’ culture and who:
- Hold either a master’s or PhD degree in their field of practice
- Provide annual proof they are a member in good standing of a relevant professional registering body, indicating compliance with the appropriate code of ethics and legislation
- Can provide annual proof of a minimum of $2 million in professional practice insurance per incident/claim
- Have access to PIPEDA-compliant video technology and the ability to have our consent form signed electronically for clients who use telehealth counselling
- Are fluent in English, French or both
- Have a minimum of five years post-graduate counselling experience*
*Exceptions may apply in certain jurisdictions, subject to approval from the Arete Clinical Director.
For additional criteria, please review our External Clinical Affiliate posting.
“Both I and my clients had excellent experiences with your organization. Everyone was human, diligent and put my clients at ease. EAP providers are not all the same.”
Want to join the Arete Network? Excellent!
Your first step is to complete the Professional Information Form. You’ll need your resume, a VOID cheque for billing/payment information, copies of your registration and practice insurance documents along with your availability and practice areas. It’s a detailed form but don’t worry—you can save it as you go and complete it at your own pace.
Once we’ve received your information, we’ll determine if there’s a need for services and will be in touch.