As a people-first organization that is continuously striving to improve for all the clients we serve, it’s important for us to regularly take stock of how we’re doing.
To this end, we engage an independent research firm, Workreach Lab, to continuously measure and track the quality of our client experiences, identify emerging issues and areas of improvement and highlight service delivery factors that impact outcomes for our clients. One of the ways Workreach does this is through the delivery of an anonymous, voluntary survey conducted after clients have accessed the Arete Employee Assistance Program (EAP) support and their file has been closed.
The results have been assessed for all surveys completed in 2019, and here’s what we learned:
- 81% immediately reached an Arete intake coordinator, with the remaining 19% within 24 hours
- 99.3% reported positive experiences with Arete intake staff (91% provided the highest possible rating)
- 99% reported experiencing positive feelings (feeling reassured/understood) after speaking with an Arete intake coordinator
- 99% reported a timely and convenient booking experience with their counsellor
- 78% of users had their first appointment with a counsellor within 2-7 days of their intake call
- 90% reported their counsellor focused on finding concrete solutions to their presenting problem(s)
- Advanced analyses revealed that the degree of client satisfaction with the counsellor was the strongest predictor of work improvement, and why we continue to focus resources on the client/counsellor match to ensure it’s the best it can be for every client
- The vast majority (93%) reported some problem resolution
- 83% reported that counselling contributed to improvements at work
- 64% of those who had been on disability or absent from work when counselling began returned to work during or shortly after using the services, with all reporting that counselling helped in the return to work
- 96% reported that they were satisfied with the EAP and would use the service again
It’s so important to us that our clients have the best possible experience with every touchpoint at Arete—from their first call to their final appointment and follow-up survey. As a means to achieve that goal, we share these results with our Clinical Services intake team and our extensive professional network to ensure we’re working together to continuously improve our services, processes and approaches for our clients. It’s the people we serve that win in the end, and that’s the only result that matters.