As an insurer or third-party administrator, we know you only want to partner with high quality service providers—your reputation depends on it. At Arete, we take this responsibility very seriously, and build our products so that you can feel confident you’re providing your clients with the best value for their investment, and that your and their experience with us will be exceptional.
With a consistently high-touch, ‘people-first’ approach to service you can rely on, flexible program options that meet organizations where they are, evidence-based solutions driven by client feedback and our commitment to research, positive client outcomes and transparent pricing and decision-making—Arete is your partner in resilience.
See The Arete Difference for more on what drives us to be different.
Employee Assistance Programs (Arive®)
Arive helps organizations support employees or members and their families through a high-quality, confidential counselling system and access to specialized guidance (legal, financial, etc).
Improves health, productivity and engagement among employees as well as savings realized across other lines of benefits.
Retiree Assistance Program (ARAP™)
ARAP helps Canadian organizations with retiree programs provide high-quality, confidential counselling and specialized guidance to support this growing demographic.
Supports retirees with the unique challenges they face in retirement—helping them to be resilient throughout this life stage and enjoy a healthy and positive retirement experience.
Hugr Authentic Connections
Hugr Authentic Connections is a mental wellness app designed to help people feel connected. With premium features offered through Arete as Hugr’s preferred provider, the self guided digital program can help users measure their level of social connection, discover how to build and maintain authentic connections and regularly share how they’re feeling with those closest to them.
Reduces stigma and helps employees develop psychologically safe and meaningful social connections at work and home resulting in higher engagement, retention, productivity and performance.
Student Assistance Program
Our Student Assistance Program helps member associations, benefit plan providers and insurers provide the support post-secondary students need to stay well and build resilience through the delivery of a high-quality, confidential counselling system tailored to their specific needs, and professional support that can be accessed either in-person or virtually (by video or phone).
Supports students with the unique challenges they face in the post-secondary environment—helping them to stay healthy, engaged and resilient so they can enjoy a positive student experience.
Business Assistance Program (Acumin®)
Businesses without financial resources for complex human resources, legal and financial guidance can use Acumin to gain access to curated resources as well as telephone support from Canadian experts in these fields.
Combines access to a carefully curated online library of business information and resources with one-on-one telephone guidance from experts who understand the challenges businesses face.
Disability Management Support Services (DMSS)
For insurers looking for additional assistance to meet the mental health needs of employees who are off work for extended periods of time, DMSS supports a referred employee’s whole health and personal recovery journey.
Employees receive compassionate, outcome-focused therapy as part of their return-to-work process while insurers receive targeted supports that seamlessly integrate within existing processes and systems.
Claims Assistance Program (Resolv®)
Available to individuals with home and/or auto insurance, Resolv offers an effective claims management tool for adjusters. Through Resolv, adjusters can offer affected members counselling support with the goal of achieving a swift claims resolution for everyone.
Claims are resolved quickly and from a people-centered perspective, and experiences for both the claimant and claims adjuster are improved as a result.
Resources for Insurers
Why Arete. Want to know all the inns and outs of Arete, what we offer and all the unique ways we provide value to those we work and partner with? This document is for you.
Taking Care of Your Business. A look into how we took care of our Arete Business Assistance Program users in 2020.
The Value of the Arete EAP. This infographic provides highlights from independent research that shows the positive impact of the Arete EAP on work absence, LTD and drug claims.
Mental Health in the Workplace. Use this infographic to highlight for your clients the research-backed numbers that demonstrate the value of Employee Assistance Programs.
Employer ROI for the Arete Employee Assistance Program. See the significant return an investment in the Arive EAP can have on staff—and the business.
The Results are In. A look into how we took care of our Arete Employee Assistance Program (EAP) users in 2020.
The Proven Impact of Arete. See highlights of the first known independent research study in Canada with a control group of non-Employee Assistance Program users. Hint: it confirms positive outcomes for Arete Employee Assistance Program clients.
The Arete Difference. This infographic illustrates how our focus on developing practical solutions translates into clients staying at work and returning to work.
Here are answers to a few questions we get often:
What can my clients expect when they request assistance?
Your clients will be a phone call or click away from superior support, whenever they need access to it.
Business assistance clients will*:
- Call us at 1-877-412-7483 and provide their policy number. If they have access to the Healthy Business Bookmark, they can also request support through an online form on that site.
- A member of our intake team will actively listen to their concerns and will work with them to identify and match them with the human resources, legal or financial professional best suited to meet their needs and most likely to produce a successful outcome.
- For business clients looking to refer employees who are struggling, we have an extensive Canadian counsellor network (all held to the highest qualification standards in their fields) that can provide the timely and confidential support employees need—either through phone, video or in-person sessions—whenever they need it.
- Business clients will also have access to the Healthy Business Bookmark—a carefully curated online library of business information and resources (including sample forms, how-to guides, podcasts and videos) they can access at any time to supplement the professional telephone guidance.
*While their experience will always be exceptional, services may vary by plan.
Employees covered under an assistance program will:
- Call us at 1-877-412-7483 and provide their certificate and policy number. They can also request support through our online form.
- Rather than just providing a list of area counsellors, our intake team will actively listen to the individual’s concerns and work with them to identify and match them with the professional best suited to meet their needs and most likely to produce a successful outcome.
- Our Canadian counsellor network (all held to the highest qualification standards in their fields) is extensive and will provide the kind of confidential support you’d want for your own family—however, and wherever they need it.
- Note that employees can access support in person, by phone or video.
What’s the benefit of partnering with Arete—what sets you apart from the rest?
With Arete, your experience will be exceptional. It’s what we like to call ‘The Arete Difference’ and here’s a few highlights for what you can expect from your journey with us:
- Simple materials to help you easily demonstrate the added value of Arete products and potentially increase your business revenue.
- High touch support from a dedicated Program Management Advisor who understands your needs and the marketplace and can support with problem solving, navigation and support for questions around reporting, promotion and more.
- The opportunity for in-person or digital information sessions to help meet your needs.
- Access to unique products that can differentiate you and solidify your reputation as a problem solver for your clients.
- The opportunity to white label product offerings and the flexibility to tailor them to meet your clients’ needs.
- High-quality utilization reporting designed to help you make informed choices for your business and the clients you serve.
- The opportunity to be featured in research initiatives that set Arete, and your business by association, apart from the crowd.
- Secure data systems built to protect sensitive personal information so you can rest assured that your and your clients’ information is secure.
- The opportunity to annually audit—either by supporting you or through an independent organization—to ensure our service and reporting continue to meet and exceed your needs.
- Confidence that Arete products and services are research-backed and proven to improve business results.
How will partnering with Arete support my insurance or member organization?
Offering high-touch, top quality assistance programs to your business clients and their employees or members makes excellent business sense.
In addition to being the right thing to do, our assistance programs are proven to:
- Provide a significant overall return on investment. A recent study based on anonymized Arete data estimated that every $1 dollar invested in the Arete Employee Assistance Program yielded up to 11 times the financial return based on improvements in work performance and reductions in absence for workers who accessed the program.
- Lower prescription drug costs. Recent research, conducted on our behalf, found that employees/members who resolved their problems with our Assistance Program had significantly reduced prescription drug claim costs over the period.
- Reduce disability claims. Programs like ours, when thoughtfully integrated with existing absence and disability management programs, can be effective in reducing the number of long-term disability claims associated with mental health issues—one of the fastest growing categories of disability costs in Canada. In fact, recent research conducted on our behalf, found that employees who resolved their presenting problems through our Employee Assistance Program were 3.3 times less likely to make a long-term disability claim in the following 12-month period.
- Mitigate risk through transparency. Employees or members access counselling or guidance through our Arete professional network and we are billed directly for those services by the provider. No billing or transactions take place between the Arete professional and the employee/member or their insurance plan or health benefits. This model is unique in the marketplace and is designed to proactively mitigate any risk (or perceived risk) that the insurer could be paying for counselling twice—once through the Assistance Program and once through the psychological benefit.
- Provide a seamless, confidential and positive experience for your clients. We understand how important it is that those covered under the plan experience the same high-touch, superior experience they’ve come to expect from your organization. You can rest assured knowing that we constantly evaluate our processes and service delivery (both internally and through independent audits) to ensure we are always meeting this high standard, and are nimble and flexible enough to be able to adjust with ease when needed.
How do you keep client information and data secure?
Client privacy, confidentiality and data security is of the utmost importance to us. To maintain this high standard:
- all Arete employees are bound by a confidentiality agreement and any personal information is collected in accordance with privacy legislation;
- our online reporting system, e-Tera, employs a confidential client coding system as well as two main applications (one for Arete staff and one for its counselling professionals) that have a separation of data between the intake process, the professional counselling sessions and the plan administration data to ensure privacy is maintained at all times during the transfer and recording of information;
- the nature and content of counselling sessions cannot be shared without the written consent of the client; and
- employers may be provided with high-level, aggregate program usage reports on occasion, though these reports never include any identifying information.
How do you monitor and report on your performance?
Because people are at the heart of what we do, their experiences are critically important to our ongoing success. We know that collecting and analyzing data helps us to make decisions that improve experiences for all those we serve, but we’re very careful that our pursuit of this data is not a means to an end or merely confirming a bias.
As a result, all research conducted on behalf of Arete or using Arete’s anonymized data is administered and analyzed by an independent research firm. It’s very unusual in this field to invest in independent research, and we’re incredibly proud of this pursuit, and what we’ve learned as a result.
Here’s a few highlights of how we use research and data to assess how we’re doing:
- Client Reported Outcomes Survey. Every Arete client is asked to participate in a short pre- and post-contact survey to assess their experiences with us. We receive the analyzed results each spring and use them to improve internal intake, referral and case management processes, as well as our ongoing assessment of quality assurance within our provider network (both counsellors and specialized providers of human resources, legal and financial guidance).
Of course, we also share the results with our clients and use the information in marketing and other promotional materials.
- Ongoing investments. In addition to the client survey, we also invest significantly in having our Employee Assistance Program independently researched and evaluated on an ongoing basis so we can continue to evaluate and demonstrate the impact on a number of important outcomes, including:
- mental health,
- problem resolution,
- workplace productivity and engagement and
- saved costs for insurers to other lines of benefit, such as reduced disability claims and prescription medication, etc.
The results of these evaluations are always shared with our clients, and are often published within scientific, peer reviewed journals.